12.20.2009

"The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck

Read this one.

Just do it!

I absolutely love Glenn Beck and this book is on our shelves at work, so I finally picked it up and started reading it one day. But eventually I got tired of only getting through a few pages or a chapter every a couple of days, so I bought a copy and took it home. And I have to say...

This story is beautiful and amazing. It's a story based on people and experiences from Glenn's life, but isn't a story of an actual experience. If that makes sense at all. Eddie (aka Glenn as a boy) just wants a red Huffy for Christmas, but instead receives a sweater from his mother. And from there he learns the true meaning of Christmas and why it is important to love those around us.

This book is a new favorite and I really wish everyone would take the time to read it. I was so touched and want to share this gift with all of you. You're welcome to borrow my copy - that's just how much I want you to read it!

2 comments:

Mike and Diane said...

Steph...I had no idea that you were into writing and mainly reading. I too, like Brenna, well she got that bug from me I think, we love to READ! So I have added your blog to my blog list (hope you don't mind) and I will follow you and your recommendations. I appreciate you very much and I already have a couple of books from your list I am going to go pick up. My blog, I have two are
hanginwiththehess.blogspot.com
angeleswithdisabilities.blogspot.com
Diane (Brenna's Mom)

Kathy Smith said...

I have a copy of the "Christmas Sweater" if anyone wants to borrow it. I'm going to get the list of books we read during my years at the Mountainside Literary Club (in Layton) to share with everyone. Stay posted.
Love, Mom