6.16.2009

"The Secret Life of Bees" on my TV

Good news, everyone. I finally indulged in the film version of "The Secret Life of Bees" and was very pleased with how the interpreted the book and played it out on my screen. They chose really great actors for each of the parts (except Neil, who was described as "the tallest black man I'd ever seen" in the book, but wasn't that tall in the movie) and they stayed true to so many important details. Like any other movie based on a book, there were various changes made to the story, but overall . . . great job, Hollywood!

Read the book first. Then watch the movie. Thanks, thanks, goodnight!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I think you meant, "they" in your second sentence. I liked the movie too, but still haven't read the book. I think I would like the book better because the movie characters were too familiar from other shows I've seen. I think you know what I mean.