6.28.2009

"My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult

As this movie just came out and the theatrical trailer looked great, I decided I'd better read the book before I allow myself to watch the movie. Unfortunately, all the copies at the library were checked out. So...

I bought a copy for myself at Borders on Tuesday. And finished reading all 400+ pages this morning.

Beautiful. I was so impressed by the reality of this novel. At times I forgot that it was a novel at all. Jodi Picoult did her research to make sure that all the medical lingo and situations were very true to real life. It was phenomenally written and even though EVERY book I read lately seems to have too much cursing in it, I would still recommend this one. I wonder what it is. Media, in every form, is becoming more and more corrupt. Regardless, this story is fantastic.

I'm looking forward to the movie. I want to see how it is presented on the big screen and I really, really hope they stay true to the book. I loved it, even if it was a little on the slow side. It's a very serious story, so I guess slow is the way to be. Slow, but beautiful. Laughter and tears. Thanks, Jodi Picoult!

1 comment:

Clint and Kaitlan said...

Steph..I read this book in high school and I LOVED it!!