5.15.2012

Books to Read: First One!

The first book I read from my "list of books to read before the end of 2013" was The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. It is very short, only about 70 pages, so technically it would be classified as a novella.

I loved it! The musical stage version is the only version of Jekyll and Hyde that I've ever really been familiar with, so it was fun to read the original text and see where the story came from. I love the musical, but there is so much added to make it exciting and dramatic - extra characters and situations - that are not in the original story.

Does being a Hyde obligate you to read this book? Well . . . I always felt like it did. Any book with your last name in the title should probably be on your list of books to read, right? Well it only took me twenty years, but I finally did it. I think it was worth the wait.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I've read a few chapters. I'll call you when I'm done! Thanks for putting your list down so I can refer to it. I can't wait until you finish "The Book Thief"

Meg said...

The sad thing is I can't remember the books I've read. I might have read this one.