10.23.2008

"The Pelican Brief" by John Grisham

What an amazing book!!! I've loved every Grisham I've ever read and "The Pelican Brief" doesn't fall short in any way. It's probably the most political one I've read of his, and I have to admit not my favorite, but that might also be because I saw the movie first. And loved that! The book exceeds the movie (of course!) in intensity and content, but knowing what happens in the end when I started the book made it drag on more than I think it would have otherwise.

If you haven't seen the movie, read this first! And then take yourself over to Blockbuster Video and prepare yourself for a thrill!

My next John Grisham will probably be "Runaway Jury," which I have also seen (with John Cusack - of course I've seen it!) but am looking forward to reading. In the meantime, stay posted for more reviews and please, KEEP READING BOOKS!

No comments: